27/07/2014

Get to know how to travel cheap from Odense to Copenhagen

Last weekend I was trying to hitchhike from Odense to Copenhagen on a Friday after work. But after about two and half hours waiting under rain, I was about to give up and go back to the city center to take the train.

Suddenly something I never expected happened: a bus saying "Copenhagen" was coming and stopped on the gas station right behind of me. I was surprised and ran after it since it's the cheapest way to get to the capital from here. It costed me about 100 dkk.

So when I got back from my weekend in Copenhagen, I decided to make a video there where I got dropped off the bus and where I had caught it previously on Friday to show you guys this two alternatives other than taking the expensive train. Bus of the company Rødbillet (there are other companies as well and maybe they're even cheaper than this one, so it worth checking) or hitchhiking.





Even though my experience on hitchhiking on that Friday wasn't successful, it generally works very well and I can help you to find a good spot and how to get to it in some other videos I've made in other days.

So, I'd say it's a great option to first try to hitchhike when you leave your work (if you have one) on Friday around 5pm and if in 2 hours you're still there (what I really don't think will happen) you take that bus at a few steps from there and bon voyage ;)

- The bus company's website: Rødbillet.dk
- Where to hitchhike from Odense to Copenhagen and how to get to the spot: http://goo.gl/ZUus6i
- The spot where I always hitchhike: 55°21'03.6"N 10°24'34.6"E (https://goo.gl/maps/ORsdD)

Good luck and good cheap trip! ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment