02/01/2016

Meanwhile, in Raul Soares.. The hitchhiker is back "home"




January 1st. It was a very boring day until my twin came up with the brilliant idea of showering in the terrace. From there on life was better, you can't imagine how awful warm it can get in this town. My nieces and nephews seem to have enjoyed it too.

And of course, it all ended up with the whole family (equivalent to more than double of the number of people in this picture) coming upstairs, lighting up a fire and barbecuing, while having some ice cold beer. I bet vegans wouldn't get as much warm, but this makes part of a (delicious) Brazilian rule of barbecuing no matter what.

It's been interesting to see people that I know from years, even though now with the difference that they don't only call me crazy and ask me more about my hitchhiking trips, they're also interested in knowing how is it out there abroad and if I have learned the Danish language. No, I have not (at least not as much as I wanted).

Another change that I've noticed is that all my oddness now are justified and also more accepted by them because I have lived in another culture. How stupid is that. But whatever, if there's more respect it is always better, no matter what reason they stick to, right? (:

Now I wonder how cold is it right now for people inhabiting the northern countries? Let me know, and tell me please why technology hasn't developed enough yet so that South America could share some degrees Celsius with you and we all get happier. Maybe it was something to have wished for on Christmas :)

No comments :

Post a Comment